Made-From-Scratch Chocolate Sauce
A homemade chocolate sauce can add a gourmet touch to almost any dessert. This particular recipe is simple, easy, and delicious.
Things you'll need
- Small/medium saucepan (A nice saucepan is a handy addition to any kitchen. Here is a great article on how to pick out an excellent saucepan.
- Wood or metal stirring spoon (remember you shouldn't use metal utensils with non-stick cookware)
- Glass jar or other storage container
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 2 t vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- In your saucepan, whisk cocoa and sugar until blended.
- Continue mixing and add water and salt until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat, bring to a slow boil. Stir continuously to avoid scalding. Boil until sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into airtight container for storage. Keep refrigerated.