Join Our Team
Production Maintenance Mechanic
The Production Maintenance Mechanic oversees ongoing emergency repairs and preventative maintenance of food manufacturing equipment in the facility; and is responsible for all facility maintenance, updates, and repair. This position is 90% emergency repairs and 10% project-based work. We’re looking for a strong team player who will be a good fit within our company culture: can work well with others, is confident learning new things, and is a positive leader in a small business environment.
A successful candidate for this full-time, hourly position will have a minimum of two years of similar maintenance/mechanical experience or two year trade school/Associate Degree in a related field; and a proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, people-focused environment.
Our Core Values
- Embrace and drive change.
- Build a positive team and family spirit.
- Do the right thing first.
- Work smart.
- View mistakes as opportunities.
- Remember: real people eat our desserts.
This is primarily a weekday position; early mornings and extended hours are possible. Must be willing to “be on call” during off time.
- Repair, maintain, and troubleshoot food processing systems, hvac, and material handling equipment (depositors, slicers, planetary mixers, L-bar sealers).
- Emergency production maintenance on a 24-7 on-call basis.
- Design, implement, and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Change parts; set up and adjust lines for various products.
- Perform general handyman skills such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hvac, construction.
- Follow all GMP/food safety protocols when performing maintenance during production, and keep records of maintenance performed.
- Responsible for all facility maintenance.
- Responsible for the proper cataloging, organization and storage of all company tools, parts inventory, and other equipment.
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent “finishing” skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks appropriately according to level of urgency.
- Strong pneumatic, electrical, mechanical, and industrial skills.
- Electrical, plumbing, and HVAC experience.
- Must possess the ability to follow written guidelines and instructions.
- Must have your own tools. Company support for disposables (drill bits, blades, custom and bench equipment, etc.)
- Experience with Foodtools portioning equipment a major plus.
- Experience with Hobart or AMF mixers, and general knowledge of industrial drive trains/transmissions a plus.
- Experience with industrial control design and troubleshooting.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment a plus.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to take on new projects as they arise.
- Positive, team player mentality. Proven ability to work well with co-workers, even in stressful situations. Must be willing and able to effectively teach equipment operators how to care for and adjust equipment.
- Strong work ethic; ability to accomplish projects and meet deadlines with little supervision; self-starter attitude.
- Excellent communications skills (speaking/writing/reading).
Reports directly to Production Manager. Works closely with production supervisors and production leads to troubleshoot equipment.
Hours - Full time + overtime
Compensation - Based on experience. (plus OT, Insurance, and PTO.)
Production Associates (1st Shift; Full Time) - $12/hour starting, Health Insurance & PTO
We are currently hiring for Production Associates. If interested, please submit an online application via the link below. Resumes/cover letters sent to email@example.com will also be accepted, but not in place of the application.
Tennessee Cheesecake, a family-owned and managed dessert manufacturer, is seeking Production Associates to join its production team in Lebanon, TN. Experience in food production or similar manufacturing is a plus, but not required. These are full-time positions that will require a flexible work schedule, including overtime and some weekend work as needed. We are seeking motivated individuals who are looking for long-term employment and growth opportunities.
- Are awesome - Meaning that you come to Tennessee Cheesecake each day with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and improve, and you care about the quality of your work.
- Are an 'A' player - We are not looking for your typical set-schedule, 40 hours a week, just passing by or killing time employee. From Day One, you are a high-energy individual who stays until the job is done and goes above and beyond to make sure our customers are getting Tennessee Cheesecake-quality desserts.
- Enjoy a challenge - Our schedule is always changing; we launch new products on a regular basis; and we hold everyone to high standards. You want to learn and grow with a company where leadership, respect for the team and product, and hard work are valued.
... Then you might be the right person for us.
A Note About Our Work Schedule
We have one shift that starts at 6AM. Due to the nature of our business, the production schedule (days worked and end times) changes from day-to-day and week-to-week. The schedule is subject to change on a frequent basis, without much warning. This allows us to ensure that all orders are met for our customers. We require our production team to be flexible and willing/able to meet these schedule requirements. We expect our team to have a can-do attitude and work together to get the job done each day, and each week. If you are not able to meet these scheduling requirements, this job may not be a good fit for you.
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
- Starting at $12/hour
- Plenty of opportunities for overtime pay
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday time off like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, etc.
- The Tennessee Cheesecake team, because we are pretty great
Reporting to the Line Supervisor, the Production Associate is responsible for all operations, set ups, adjustments on his/her equipment, and general labor on the production line. Duties include, but are not limited to: Operating process machinery and equipment; cleaning and sanitation; effective and respectful communication with team members and Line Supervisor. This is a fast-paced food production environment with hourly and daily goals that must be met.
- Ability to rotate and learn different areas of the production line/multiple lines including the processes for different products;
- Ability to work at a consistent and fast pace that supports the productivity of the production line;
- Follow detailed instructions while maintaining accuracy, quality, and pace;
- Maintain a positive, respectful, and open communication process with team members;
- Maintain a clean work environment;
- Follow all sanitation, food safety, and workplace safety guidelines;
- Willing to take direction and feedback from Line Supervisor and other senior team members;
- Ability to identify problems and communicate accordingly to supervisor;
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects when needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Ability and willingness to be at work on time and stay until the job is done, every day;
- Experience working in a manufacturing or bakery environment preferred, but not required;
- Strong physical endurance;
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks at a fast pace in a standing position for the entire shift;
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis;
- Respect of company hygiene and sanitation regulations;
- Familiarity with GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), food safety, and sanitation is a plus;
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Good capacity to learn and grow;
- Ability to excel with limited supervision;
- Ability to exercise good judgment;
- Must be able to read, interpret and comprehend weights, measurements, and basic mathematical equations;
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please, NO CALLS OR VISITS.